You're browsing: Home / Meri awaaz suno / Email from Raashid Rafi

Email from Raashid Rafi

Email from Raashid Rafi.

Mr. Raashid Rafi happens to be Rafi Sahab’s grand son. We received an email from him, which has been posted for all fans to read.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Raashid Rafi and I live in London. I am the grandson of Mohammad Rafi. My father, Khalid, is his son. I was informed of your web-site by a friend in the US. Yesterday I browsed through your site and was very impressed.

If you ever need any more information on my grandfather I will be more than happy to provide you with it, within reason ofcourse.

Take Care
Raashid Rafi

Proclaim your love for Rafi Sahab on twitter

Post your Comment on this Blog

If your comments hit the moderation queue, comments will be moderated within 7 days.

229 Blog Comments to “Email from Raashid Rafi”

1. muhammad auwal dahiru says:

Muhammad Rafi Sahab was not for Indian even In Nigeria Rafi Sahab has Lovers I love Rafi, his songs and his family. though I am not an Indian nor understand Hindu.

2. PRATIBHA says:

DEAR MR.RAASHID,
    I FEEL ENVY OF U FOR BEING RAFI SAAB’S GRAND SON.HE WAS MORE LIKE A “FARISHTA” THAN A HUMAN BEING.I FEEL SAD WHEN THINKING THAT I COULD NOT MEET HIM.I WISH I SHALL MEET HIM IN NEXT BIRTH IF ANY.NO ANOTHER RAFI SAAB WILL EVER BE ON THIS PLANET. PL. SEND AS MUCH INFORMATION AS U CAN ABOUT HIM.HOPING FOR POSITIVE.

PRATIBHA.

3. Suneel V. Gaur says:

So much has already been written about Rafi sahab’s greatness, what new can one write about his greatness as a singer and a human being. He was a kindhearted soul who was always ready to help those who went to him for help.
    Without him music has become ‘yateem’. I consider myself so fortunate to have met him in my house when I was a kid. He had come to meet my father who was a good friend of his. My father was a popular film writer and Rafi sahab sang in many of the films written by him [my dad]. In fact Rafi sahab had also sung a few songs written by my father in the 1950s.
    A week after Rafi’ sahab’s demise in 1980 July 31st Thursday ,my father died on 7th August Thursday. Both of them were 55 years old at the time of their passing away.
    Rafi sahab is immortal and will continue to live on through his songs and greatness as a person. He will live in our hearts forever. Rafi sahab was a ‘farishta’ who will continue to bless us mortals.
    EMAIL: sunrise607@rediffmail.com

4. Zafar Ahmad says:

Dear Mr.Raashid Rafi. Please take part in Rafian Tribute website. Publish rafi saab unique photos etc. if you have. You know that your fore grandfather and their brothers are lived in Bhatti Gate. This place is away from me 4-5 miles. Due to your Rafi Saab all people of Lahore regard to this family still.

Zafar Ahmad
    154-Shahjamal, Lahore
    Pakistan
    +92-333-4704182

5. Vilas says:

i love Mohd Rafi’s songs and will always like them.
    Raashid Rafi will give more insight about Rafi Life

6. Robin Buddhacharya says:

Late Mohamad Rafi Sahib, never born like him. He is the great singer of India.
    I love Him, I love His songs and I missed Him. I heartfelt tribute to Him.

7. rohit anand says:

The reason i am writing here is i want to pay respect to Sarv Shri Mohd. Rafi Sahab Jee I know that cleanest soul is living in heaven and I wish all the best for that great soul.With the best regards
    Rohit Anand,Fremont,California, U.S.A

8. rohit anand says:

Rohit Anand,Fremont,California, U.S.A

9. Sainath Rao says:

Hello Rashid bhai, great to know you are grandson of Rafi saab. Music to me is synonymous with Rafi songs, my lifetime experiences with people and personal is puctuated with his songs. I can transport myself to any particular stage as to when in occured by listening to a particular song. Feelings came naturally with meaning and I have not come across this experience listening to any other artiste to date. Each singer is good and entertain us well, but Rafi saab melted us with his penchant. Words do not provide enough revelations to what Rafi saab means to us all, May his name last for ever, sainath

10. sunil kumar says:

Best wishes to Rajan saheb for writing in hubpages.com. I am sure you will get all the encouragement and assistance from all the rafi fans.

11. Ashish kumar says:

agar mujhe ye jiwan mila hai to main apni jiwan ko md.rafi saheb ji ke charno me arpit karta hun aur kamna karta hun ki he sangit ke khuda agar mujhe kuch dena chahte hai to apni gulshan ki bagiya se mujhe ek phool de dijiye jiske mahak se mera sara jiwan mahak uthe

12. sagar says:

Isse jyada aur kya kushi hai ke aap yaha hamare beeh aye. Hum Rafi sahab ko yaad nahi karte, unhe dil me lekar jo baithe hai. Roj unki puje karte hai yehi soch kar ke baghwan dharti par to aye par ham mil na sake.

13. Rajan says:

Dear Rashid ji,
    I am writing an article on rafi saab, who became an icon in his lifetime. This article wil be published on the website http://www.hubpages.com.
    This website has most of its writers and readers from the western countries. I wish to to let them know about the greatest indian playback singing legend. I am still working on it and want to make it a sort of a tribute to the legendary singer. I need some exceptional songs which highlight the variety of songs he has sung, some extremely sweet family memories of him, other less known facts and some pictures of rafi saab. If I could get some links to videos to include in my article, I would be much obliged.
    I am also sending an email to the people here at mohdrafi.com to request them to allow me to add links to some of their articles and to allow me to use some rare pictures of rafi saab. Attribution to this site and to others who provide glimpses of the great man will be given in the article I am writing.
    I appeal to everyone who has any form of rafi saab’s memory to send me the related video, article, pics etc. The contribution will be acknowledged in the article.
    Thanks.

14. haigaram says:

Hello everyone !!!
    If any one want’s to see the Legend Mohammad Rafi’s live in concert, go to youtube haigaram47. I have showed you the part of the concert after 32 years of waiting, that happened in CANADA 1979-1980. But i would like to add that the full 15 songs of concert is with me, if anyone is interested please contact at this email:
    haigaram47@hotmail.com

15. I ihink myself very lucky to meet Mr Mohd , Rafi in nagpur airport along with Mr Gulzar, as they were on thier way to calcutta for programme.
    We just have a glimpse of That Great Singer. I still remember his siling face .
    I think no singer can mathch his versatality.
    He is a king of Playback back singing.

16. RAJNISH SHARMA says:

AAP TOH AAP HAI RAFI SAHAB KE POTE HAIN MAEN AAPKO SALAAM KARTA HOON AB AAGE KYA KAHOON MERE PAAS ALFAAS HI NAHIN AGAR AAPKE PAAS HO TOH PHIR ZARA KUCH AUR FARMANYE NAHIN TOH PHIR MILOGE KABHI ISS BAAT KA VAADA KARLO HUMSE EK AUR MULAKAT KA VAADA KARLO AACCHAA SHABBA KHAIR

17. Dhananjay Maharaj says:

Dear Mr. Rashid Rafi,

How you are lucky that you are Rafisaab’s grandson !!! Mohd. Rafijee was a great human being and greatest singer. I was 14 when he passed away. I feel very sorry because I haven’t seen this GOD of VOICE.
    I think God in the Heavens gave Rafisaab a number of things but forgot to give a long life. He has done a very cruel thing by taking away Rafijee from us so early.
    Is it possible for God to make Mohd. Rafi again ? I think no, because it happened only once on Dec. 24, 2011.

18. Hallo, please supply shahid rafi email adress if possible,will be highly appreciated.All in connection with music.

19. Sujata Dev says:

Dear Mr. Raashid,

Extremely glad to have tracked you. I am doing research on Indian Playback singing and obviously your grandfather, the great Rafi Sahab has played a poignant role in establishing this great industry in Bollywood. I would look forward to interacting with you and find some genuine information about Rafi Sahab. Please give me your email id so that I can interact with you. My e-mail id is sujata@rafi-fan.info.
    Regards,
    Sujata

20. zakia says:

I have picture of rafi saab with my late grandfather Mohammed Hasan kazi. Would you like me to send it to you?

21. G S PATHAK says:

I am very unfortunate not to saw him and find unhappy for that. However i pray god that whenever my soul will departure from this materialistic world must reach very…………….very close to rafi saheb and each and every moment i would talk with them. I am interested to listen music because of rafi only. Where is rafi saheb i will ask god when i find opportunity. only singer who sung song from inner soul mohammad rafi

22. shahd ali says:

rafi sahab allah k farishta sift insan tahe hain or rahin gye main kisi wajha se matric ka imthan nahin de raha tha walid sahab or reshte daron ki batin doston ke israr bhi nahin qail kar sake ……..Magar 1 din bahar se awaz (GHAFIL TUJHE GHATYAL DATA HAI MANADI GARDON NE UMAR IK GHARTI OR GHATA DI ) kis ke lie ruka hai kis ke lia roke ga karna hai jo kar le ye waqat ja raha hai . bus phir muje malom nahin kaya hoa ke main padhta hi gaya or 4 ma karle. main apne waldin ki barsi bhol jata hoon mager 31 7 1980 nahin bhlta phir jub malom kia k rafi sahab hain kay dil ne kaha allah ka asa bunda jo fareshta sift tha ,,, aaj mare paas rafi sahab koi asa gana nahin hai jo ounhon ne gaya tha woh is waqat jant main allah ki humd o sana karhe hon ga

23. Assalamoalaikum to all fans of Rafi Saaheb Allah khush rakhe aab sab ko. I want to live for many centuries just to hear Rafi saaheb songs. I browse the net daily and atleast one click i go to see Rafi Saahebs websites. My father was very fortunate to be with Rafi saaheb when once he visited Madras. I am emotional now. So much i want to say. Inshallah i wl be in touch with all of u. Rafi saaheb aap ko salaam. I wish good health to Rafi saahebs family. Allah Rafi saaheb ke family members ko salamat rakhe. Allah hafiz.

24. anwar khan says:

I am a die hard fan of Rafi sahab I remember him daily by his songs .we all are missing him he was a gem which we lost and he will rule the world for generations by his melodious voice ,I feel sad that I was not able to meet him .

25. Zaki Anwer Danish says:

Salam to all fans of Mohammad Rafi Sahab

Meri subah Rafi sahab ki makhmali aawaz se shuru hoti hai aur main neend ke aaghosh mein unki jadui aawaz ke sahre hi ja pata hoon.Meri zindagi unke bina sooni hoti.Main sirf 20 saal ka hoon.Bhale hi Rafi Sahab mere paida hone ke barson pahle intaqal farma gaye the mere dil mein unki aawaz ne unhe humesha zinda rakha hua hai.Unki aawaz ka jaadu bhi ajeeb hai,mujhe wo Khuda ke baad sabse azeez hain.Unki aawaz dil-o-dimagh mein khoobsurat sirhan paida kar deti hai.Tarannum ke is Betaj badshah ko is Gharib-o-bekas ghulam ka salaam pahunche.

Danish

26. RANA QAISAR MAHMOOD says:

My loving RAFI SAHAB I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve you too much to tell.No voice is beautiful than your voice and no face is beautiful than your face for me.Although you left this world before my birth yet i love you more than any body else and your name and songs are always in my heart and soul.I salute the mother who gave this world a son like you.I remember you every day and miss you every moment.May your soul rest in peace.No singer will be able to sing like you even after the RIAZ of centuries.

27. Shahid Syed says:

About this movement for asking the Indian Government for an award for Rafi saahab… please refrain from begging from these moronic politicians.
    The greatness of Rafi saahab does not need a recognition from the Indian Politicians.
    Rafi Saahab was a true prophet of the Indian Musical World. He was a great human being and should not be belittled by such demands.
    let this award go the lesser Kishore Lata’s and their likes. and opportunists like R D Burman, who played dirty teaming with Kishore kumar and trying his best to deny us more songs from the great Rafi saahab.
    But even he had to concede one or two songs to Rafi saahab as he realized he couldn’t find another singer of Rafi saahab’s calibur.
    Kishore insensitively even increased his rates overnight after news of Rafi saahab’s death.

28. Hi Khalid! I’m from Mauritius. I’ve been listening to your grandfather’s songs since childhood and even today no other music gives me more pleasure than Rafi saab’s. Every single day I sing his songs.
    I want to use some of your dad’s songs in my movie projects. Who must I approach to obtain the rights to use his songs in my movies?

I’mliving in South Africa at the moment.
    Tel: +27 31 9122075
    email: cpepefilms@gmail.com
    Please reply.

29. pls send rare photographs and house photos family details

30. dr.J.Ketwaru says:

Dearest Raashid beta,when your grandfather was in the Netherlands for shows in 1973 ,then he asked me to write a text in Dutch language on the tune of “Baharo Phoel Barsawo”. He was a great human being with a beautiful voice .So I enjoyed his voice very much.This year 2010 I started with a “Rafi Fanclub”, and on Decembre 11 we will organise a remembrance .I want to give you invitation for this day.Please let me know if you can make us happy with your attention.It will be great. Best regards, J.Ketwaru.

31. ARIF SAIT says:

DEAR MR. RAASHID BHAII !

ASSALAMU ALAIKKUM

I AM ARIF SAIT SETTLED IN CHENNAI DN A BIGGEST FAN OF MOHAMMED RAFI SAAB , THE LEGEND ! I WISH TO MEET MR. SHAHID RAFI AND IF YOU DONT MIND KINDLY PROVIDE HIM HIS ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS.

AWAITING RPELY TO MY DIRECT E-MAIL ID arifsait@gmail.com

WITH DUAS & SALAAMS

ARIF SAIT

ALLAH HAFIZ

32. Natrajh Ramakrishna says:

Raashid Bhai,

Give us some glimpse of Rafi Saab, what were your greatest and most memorable moments with him. His TOP 10 according to me are as under:

1. O DUniya ke Rakhwale ….Baiju Bawra…Naushad
    2. Eh Duniya Eh Mehfil… Pyaasa…SD Burman
    3. Dekhi Zamaane ki Yaari….Kaagaz Ke Phool ….SD Burman
    4. Duniya Na Bhaaye Mohe… Basant Bahar…Shankar Jaikishen
    5. Aana Hai to Aaa ….Naya Daur.. OP Nayyar
    6. Jaane Kya Doondti Rehti Hai…SHola Aur Shabnam….Khayyam
    7. Hum Bekhudi Mein…Kaala Paani…SD Burman
    8. Yeh Mera Prem Patra Pad Kar…Sangam…Shankar Jaikishen
    9. Pukarta Chala Hun Main…Mere Sanam OP Nayyar
    10. Aap Ke Haseen Rukh… Baharein Phir Bhi Aayegi…OP Nayyar

Readers, do listen to them, they are timeless classics

33. Vinay Tripathi says:

Glad to see the pictures,information and material regarding Rafi Saaheb.It is spectecular and full of happiness to see the enthusiasm in the listners about Rafi Saaheb.Being a fan of Rafi Saaheb,of course,i just wanted to draw your attention about the thing that apart from being the greatest singer of India.he was a very kind and great human also,which has to be dictated to his fans and others by quoting various incidents(some even i can recollect).It would add more value and fans would able to understand the personality and life of Mohd. Rafi Saaheb more clearly and effectively

34. Suresh says:

Rafi Sahab….great man, great singer, great person,
    while writing this msg…listening to his songs….

Aaja Aja mehin hun pyar tera…
    Tum kamsin ho, naadan ho…..

what a singer he was…..just cant forget him ever…..till i live….now I am 50+

when i was in school in the 60s and 70s….i used to listen VividBharti from 9AM to 10AM….wait for his songs, then leave for my school….at 10….
    have been listening his songs for the past 40+ yrs…..i have a collection of some 500+ of his best songs….

kaash….he could come back into our life…..re-born….
    god bless his soul….

35. Tarun Nagar says:

Hello Rashid ji,

How are you ? I am big big fan of late legend shri Rafi saab .I am singer & thank God to have voice like rafi saab .My dream is to meet or visit Rafi manson & meet rafi saab family members how this will happen ? Only you can do for me just reply me on my email ( nagar_tarun@yahoo.co.in) so that i can show it there for visiting .

Thanks

36. RAJAN SINGH says:

Dear Rashid,
    I have loved listening to rafi sahab’s songs since i was a child, i’m 59 now,and till today there has not been a singer who has rafi’s sweetness at even at pitch. I regret not having met my singing idol though i lived in Bandra during rafi’s peak.and my idol’s house was next door literally. i stayed at Bhabha Hospital as my dad was a doctor

37. Mahender says:

sir, can you give me some pictures of Rafi saab that I can frame and keep at my home

38. Mohammed Rai est une grande personnalité qui bien laissé ses emprintes sur la chanson indoux ..grace à lui on a aimé les films de GUIDE kabi kabi …la liste est longue ..malgré toutesles difficultés de comprehension des poèmes chantés en langue indoux nous aimons son chant qui orne la musique d’une voix douce et qui enchante les mots prononcés avec avec dévotion inouie

39. varun bhatia says:

Raashid bhaiya

ek aise sachi baat jo shayyad aapko pata bhi ho ya nahin bhi agar pata hoo too gustaki maaf
    wo sachai yeh tha ki ” rafi saab jaisa saacha muslim is duniya mein paida nahin hua log kehte hai unke bare mein ke who 5 waqt ki namaz ada kate the”
    rafi saab ki sachi bahut yaad aati hai jinki aawaz mein itni mithas hai who dil ke kitne bade insan hoge aur charitr ke kitne saaf honge

yah khuda rafi saab jha bhi un tak mera pegam phoochana dena ki aaj bhi unka bhakt varun unka bahut miss karta hain

rafi saab love u always
    but miss u lottttttttttttttttttttttt

40. A S MURTY says:

Dear Narenderbhai. Please get in touch with us at my mail id : rafimurty@gmail.com or mobile number 93912 67272 as we have formed the Rafi Foundation, Hyderabad Chapter and we would like to enrol you as our member.

A S MURTY
    SECRETARY
    RAFI FOUNDATION,
    HYDERABAD CHAPTER

41. Narender Kumar says:

I m Narender from Hyderabad, to see this site i m very very happy,

i m great fan of Rafi Saab, when ever i listen his old songs i feel there is no singer like Rafi Saab.

42. vijay shah says:

hi,
    this is vijay shah from mumbai…apne liye jiye to from badal was sung by mannadey…and not rafi…again rahen na rahen was not sung by suman kalyanpur but by lata …please correct the same …i am sorry to correct you…god bless regards…v.r.shah

43. ABDUS SALAAM SIRKHOT says:

Thanks for writing.

Could you please forward us your email address.
    In that way we can keep communication going and can then always send you an email when we do have any questions or info that we require.

In fact on Saturday 15.05.10 friends invited some people and knowing that we fans of your late granddad requested that we sing some of the golden oldies.

It really went down well. We commenced at around 8.00 pm on a cold winters night in south africa,and at well past midnight the people were still seated.

regards

44. mahesh k says:

I cannot make any comment on rafisaab’s voice as i m too small for it. alredy all maestros in music world has made lot of comments about it and no doubt in my mind that there is no one like rafisaab. espesially apart from a singer he was a nice person which is a very rare thing in film industry. hats of to such wonderful personality.

45. raju says:

hallo raashid bhai,
    as saalm-o-alaikum ! Aap ka likhna sach hai, bahut umda jaankaariyan likhi jaati hain ! Khuda Aap sab ko apni rehmaton se nawaze ! Bahut Sabaab ka kaam kar rahe hain !
    —Saat Samundar Paar(1965) Kya Is Film Ke Tamaam Geet Kisi Link Pe Mil Sakte Hain ?
    Khuda Haafiz
    Raju
    rajesh.jain86@yahoo.in

46. mohammed javed khan says:

as saaalm-o-alaikum!.

here itzzz me JAVED MOHAMMED KHAN,N im 26 yrs old guy!……………………………MR MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB died 3yrs befor i ws BORN.

Bt want to sy dat im still missing him fr evr ne evr……….he’zz my first n last UNIVERSE PLAY BACK singer.

REly im vry unlucky!……….tody he’zz nt wii US.

insha ALLAH aaj vo agr zinda hote tho mein unse zaroor milta unhe ek baar gale zarooooor lgata………………..I JUS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE HIM!

ALLAH aap ko JANNAT aata farmaiyee!………….AMIN!!

ur insha ALLAH agr mere naseeb mein agr jannat likhi hogi den vl meet up!……………………..tc care MR MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB!

47. Ricky says:

Hello everyone,
    I am a great fan of RAFI SAHAB simply because of two reasons. Firstly,he was a great singer and Secondly he was a great human being.
    He helped everyone whosoever came to him asking for help whether monetary or of any other kind. He was not at all money minded and had a great passion for singing.

48. a.aziz ismail says:

dear all

i love love and loved always the great singer of the sub-continent his sung songs even after 50-60 years are as fresh as ever my elder brother MOHD ALY was a great fan of Mohd Rafi and i am too a small singer of home always sing and record and hear Mohd Rafi songs GOD BLESS HIM AND HIS SOUL we still love him. His contribution to the indian film industry is enormous and infact many great start became popular with his film songs like shammi kapoor, dilip kumar, amitabh bachan and others. He was singing always in REALITY and dedication of his unbounded love for songs the films to remember are AMAR, URN KHATOLA, LEADER, DEEDAR, BABUL, MELA, BAIJU BAWRA, BHABI and many others.

ABDUL AZIZ ISMAIL

CLIFTON KARACHI PAKSITAN

SKYPE aziz_ismail1

e mail tradecom_intl@yahoo.com

49. suraj sharma says:

i m the die heart fan of rafi sahab and i am always eager to know where abouts of rafi sahab’s family . knowing about you (rashid) i am realy very glad and my best wishes to for u for your future.

50. KISI KO GEET DETA HOON -KISI KO SAAZ DETA HOON
    DIL KHUSH TO GHAMON KO GEHRE SAAZ DETA HOON

JAB NAHI HOT KUCH DENE KO MERE DOST
    TERI SOYE HUI MOHABBAT KO AWAZ DETA HOON

manpowerkhan@gmail.com

Post your Comment on Facebook

Receive updates in your inbox. Enter your email address:

Other Writeups